What is Gua Sha?
Gua Sha is a natural alternative therapy that has its origins in traditional Chinese medicine. It involves scraping the skin with a massage tool, improving circulation to the muscles. Repeated use of Gua Sha keeps facial skin strong and smooth, limiting the effects of aging.
Benefits of Gua Sha:
- Improve circulation which results in smoother, brighter skin
- Remove stress and tension in the jaw & forehead
- Drain and detox the underlying lymphatic system
- Improve dark circles, under eye bags and bring down puffiness
- Soften discolorations and spots including acne and rosacea
- Help your skincare absorb into skin more deeply
How To use your Gua Sha Rose Quartz:
After applying your favorite serum or facial oil...
- Jawline to Upper Face: Start by gently stroking the long curved side of your Gua Sha stone in an outward and upward motion, using a combination of 3 to 5 longer and short slides.
- Third Eye: Slide the double-headed side of the Gua Sha from between the middle of your eyebrows, straight upwards to the hairline to activate your third eye. Five times up. This chakra is actually located right at the pineal gland, so it’s biologically an area that controls imagination and spiritual connection. You can also soothe tension headaches!
- Forehead: Sweep 5 strokes from the center of the forehead outwards, left and right.
- Eyelid & Brow: Choose the most curved side of your stone to make 5 short upwards movements from your eyelid to just above your eyebrow. If it feels great to you, do more! Don’t forget to give the love to both sides.
- Under Eye: Using the larger ‘knob’ on your stone, lightly stroke from the side of your nose, down and across the undereye area, all the way outwards towards the temple. What you’re doing is moving the stagnant lymph out and eliminating underlying toxins caused by stress, lack of sleep and exercise and too much alcohol.
- Cheek: Using the double knob side, make the same sweeping touch-motion as you did with the undereyes, but this time starting from the side of nose, sliding across the cheek, upwards to the middle of the ear.
- Mouth: Using any side of your stone; glide from the outer mouth up to your ear.
- Chin: Stroke from the soft area under your chin up to the jawline.
- Neck: Using the long or the double knobbed side, massage downwards from your earlobe, down the neck to the middle of the collarbone.
- Full Face: Finish by sweeping from the center of your forehead (start right at the hairline) down to your temple, then past your ear until you reach the neck. Do this 5 times for a final clean sweep of the lymphatic system and to stimulate natural circulation. Your face will now feel energized and look visibly brighter.